Be an Expert in the Good of Your Husband.

This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may get compensated. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click HERE for my disclosure policy.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Our words. Our thoughts. Our feelings. Our emotions. They can all be directed toward negative or positive. We each go through our own seasons of being in a valley or hard spot. Including our husbands. Let’s be such an expert in knowing and speaking good about our husbands that the world around us would think he is super man!

Do you know what your husband is good at? What are his talents? What are his Gifts? What does he do well at? What does he work hard at? What does he succeed in?

Original Photo by Nick Page used with CC.

Become an expert in knowing what your husband is good at. Make a list to remind yourself.

Compliment him on what he is doing right. He knows where he fails. He feels it. He doesn’t need a nagging wife to keep bringing it up. Only God can bring true conviction and change. The Holy Spirit doesn’t need our help!

Proverbs 21:19 “It is better to dwell in the wilderness, then with a contentious and angry women.”

Ephesians 4:29 “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”

We want to be accepted, loved and encouraged even on our horrible days. Our husbands want that same treatment.

Let’s encourage each other to…

*Be nice to our husbands on the good and bad days.
*Extend grace in the same way we would want grace to be given to us.
*Love them through the hard times.
*Speak nicely to them.
*Express your gratitude for all the good things they say and do.
*Love them where they are and leave the changing up to God.
*Not compare him to others.
*Encourage him.
*Pray for him.
*Pray for yourself, as the wife, to be the wife God wants you to be.
*Lift up our husbands in public, for all to hear.
*Learn and use your husband’s love language.
*Give all unmet needs and unmet expectations to God.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.”

This is no less than what we as wives would want from our husbands. Right!?! Let’s guard our thoughts and words. Let’s open the door on positive thinking and slam the door shut on the negative.  Let’s be an encourager for our spouses. Let’s make our homes the safe haven they need and want to come home to at the end of every day.

Be encouraged. God is here. He sees. He is our strength. He will renew us and change us to be all he created us to be. His love for us is overwhelming. He is enough!

More than Blessed,

Starla J

Sharing with..

Check these other excellent articles!

Spread the love

25 Comments

1. Cathy Carroll

February 26, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Great words of wisdom to follow. Cathy

2. Natalie Peters

February 27, 2015 at 11:19 am

Yes, absolutely! I constantly need reminders to approach my husband this way because I constantly forget to lift him up the way he needs/deserves/craves. Sometimes I forget the compliments I'm thinking don't get communicated adequately. Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement!

3. Starla J.

February 27, 2015 at 11:29 am

We all need this reminder from time to time. Thank you for stopping by!

4. Jennie Moraitis

February 27, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Such a great reminder for us to be our husband's best friend! Thanks for this post! 🙂 Have a great weekend. 🙂

5. Laurie Messer

February 27, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Love this! It's how I want to walk every day with my husband. Some days I do well, other days I don't. It's only through God's grace helping me that I can be the wife my husband needs and deserves. Blessings to you!

6. My Captivating Life

February 27, 2015 at 6:37 pm

This really is a great reminder, one that I definitely needed! Thank you!

7. Maria Hass

February 28, 2015 at 12:12 am

Being an expert on my husband's gifts and talents helps me to stay in love with him when times are getting rough. Thanks for the amazing reminder!

8. Dollie @ Teachers of Good Things

February 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm

What a wonderful post! We, as wives, need to remind each other of these truthes.

9. Sh St

February 28, 2015 at 2:17 pm

This is so important – our husbands should be thought of highly because of our words that back up his good actions!

10. kristinnador.com

February 28, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Wonderful post! I think there is a lot of pressure for men to 'cover all the bases' and be the perfect husband, father, employee, church member, etc. just the same as women are supposed to do it all. Husbands need to know they can be real about what they are dealing with, and wives will encourage them, and not become an 'I told you so'. Great advice here.

11. Kaylene Yoder

March 1, 2015 at 2:02 am

This is so good, Starla! I especially need to work on the praying for myself in my wifely role. It helps keep my heart tender toward my husband and puts things in perspective. I really can't do this whole submission thing without some daily divine intervention! 🙂

12. Heather @ My Overflowing Cup

March 2, 2015 at 12:32 am

Thanks so much for sharing this post, Starla! I have such a passion for blessed, happy marriages and there is so much wisdom in your words. We do need to spend more time praising our husbands for what they do well rather than pointing out where they fail. Above all, we need to pray for them, for our marriages, and that God would help us to be the wives He created us to be.

Blessings to you and yours, my friend!

13. Megan Adams

March 5, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Great reminder! I too often I get caught in the flesh & become that nagging wife. You are so right, I need to be more intentional in how I appreciate & pray for my husband. Thanks for a great post!

14. Gentle Joy

March 6, 2015 at 3:57 pm

This is a good reminder… we want to encourage the positive and be thankful. 🙂

15. TEO Mom

March 12, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Great post! I think sometimes we take our partners for granted. We have remember to be thankful and attentive. Thanks for sharing on the Momma Told Me Link Party. We hope you'll come back soon!

~Jen

16. Starla J.

March 26, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Thank you for stopping by!

17. Starla J.

March 26, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Me to. It's a work in progress.

18. Starla J.

March 26, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Thank you for stopping by!

19. Starla J.

March 26, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Your welcome, Maria. Thank you!

20. Starla J.

March 26, 2015 at 8:19 pm

So very true!! Thank you for stopping by.

21. Starla J.

March 26, 2015 at 8:19 pm

You are so right, Kaylene. 🙂

22. Lil at Embracing the Lovely

February 2, 2016 at 4:02 am

This really hit home for me as I read this tonight. I really need to make a list like you suggest. Words of affirmation is NOT my love language (but it IS my husband's) and it's a most difficult thing for me to do. I mean REAL difficult. I know I need to change that.