Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. View scripture reference copyright FAQ"
this post may contain affiliate links. view our disclosure policy here.
How to run an online book launch! So you are writing your first book! Yay! I’m so excited for you.
Before you even hit publish on your labor of love, you need to be thinking about your online book launch.
An online book launch will help you market your book using social media. When you bring together a team of friends, other authors and bloggers to help you get the word out on your newest book, you may possibly have the power to create an amazing buzz and excitement for your book.
Why Start Planning Your Online Book Launch Early
One reason you must start planning your online book launch early is, because it takes time to recruit others to your book launch team, create images, quotes and hashtags that will be shared out on social media. You will want plenty of time to write guest blog posts and/or set up a blog tour. This all needs to be planned out well. Your online book launch will create a buzz around your book. Your heart. Your words. All that you’ve spent hours, days, weeks and months on. You want people to be looking forward to your book and curious about it.
How to run an online Book Launch
You need to
- Create quality images
- Be picking out several of your favorite quotes from your book.
- Select hashtags carefully
Who Should Be On Your Online Book Launch Team
- Create a group on FB for your book launch 2 to 3 months in advance.
- Title the group with an obvious title. So people can find it easily and quickly. For example, if your book is titled: Raising Kids, the title of your group might be Raising Kids Book Launch Team.
- Start asking around to see if anyone is interested in joining your online book launch team. Ask on your personal FB wall and in the different groups you are in. Join groups that similar to the topic your are writing about and ask in there.
- Have ready your images, quotes and hashtags.
- Ask bloggers on your launch team if they wouldn’t mind you writing a guest blog post on their blog to feature your book. Write those posts and have them ready to go. These need to be scheduled the same week as your publish date.
- Have friendly but professional rules and guidelines for the group. People are more productive when they know exactly what is expected of them up front and everyday.
- Decide if you are going to offer a free hard copy or e-version of your book to your launch team. They will need one or the other. You will want them to read your book, share out their honest thoughts, their own pics and quotes as well. Mail or email those books out as soon as possible.
- Decide if you will allow the members to give one copy of your ebook away for free. For example, bloggers may want to offer a giveaway when they have your guest post go live on their blog.
- Daily or at least Monday through Friday, daily organize and manage quotes and images you want shared by your book launch team.
- Encourage and be grateful for your book launch team members. The only thing you are giving them is a free copy of your book.
- Consider doing an introduction video and weekly video with discussion questions for your launch team. This will help you connect and encourage engagement with your launch team, who are also your readers.
- Start your online book launch team in to action at least the week before your book goes live. Have your team start pushing out your images, quotes, hashtags and reviews on a daily basis, at least a week before your publish date. This will help create that buzz about your book.
- On your publish date, hit it hard! Encourage your team to share out your specific images, quotes with hashtags more than once that day.
- Pray for your launch team members! Let them know that you care for them and appreciate them.