Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. View scripture reference copyright FAQ"
It was a crisp, cool morning. I was sitting on the front porch steps, bible on my lap and a full cup of coffee at my side. I sighed deeply, closed my eyes and began to pray to God to pour over me.
I yearned for His peace and guidance.
Those words came to my mind’s eye. I felt as though God was telling me to stop fretting and be still in Him. He wanted me to slow down and be aware of the little things around me. God was showing me the amazing beauty and greatness in the small things that I was taking for granted. His peace filled my heart as I took a deep breath and breathed in the fresh cool air, looked at the grass covered in the morning dew as it sparkled in the sunlight, and listened to the song of the morning birds.
God was showing me the little things around me. His little creations that He made to bring peace and beauty to my morning. I felt His overwhelming love through those little things. Nothing mattered in that moment, but soaking up this special message I was receiving from God.
God uses the little things.
That special morning he used the simple little song birds, morning grass and fresh cool air to brighten my day. Nothing huge and grand. No fireworks. No famous speaker. No expensive technology. Just His simple little creations.
God reminded me that the little things are important to Him.
Where, in the Bible, did God use small things or what small things are important to Him?
*David took 5 small stones from a creek to kill Goliath. 1 Samuel 17:40
*Jesus used 5 small barley loaves and two small fish to feed 5,000 people. John 6
*The widow who gave 2 mites. Jesus considered that more than what the rich had given. Mark 12:41-44
*Even the hairs on our head are numbered. God must think so much of us to the hairs on our head numbered. Matthew 10:29-30
* Our thoughts. Something I think we take for granted and let run wild. Our thoughts. Jeremiah 12:3 says God knows us and tests our thoughts. In Philippians 4:8 God tells us what He wants us to think on. Even our silent little thoughts are important to Him.
I write all this to encourage you to remember the small things. They are used by God in big ways. God delights in the small.
What are the small things you can do to improve your day or the day of someone else?
* Be Kindhearted. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
* When working, do it as though God is your boss. Ephesians 6:7
* Be faithful in the small things. Luke 16:10
* Give genuine compliments more often. Do not speak ill of others. Ephesians 4:29
* Help out. If you offer to help someone make sure you follow through. We all need help from time to time. Matthew 5:6
* Choose joy. Think good thoughts. Philippians 4:8
There is no excuse for not using our “little talents and gifts” to bless others.
What are the small things that God has used in your own life?