What am I Trusting God for Today?
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may get compensated. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click HERE for my disclosure policy.
"Scripture quoted by permission. All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2016 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved.".
I have to admit, it has taken me a while to write this post. I’ve been in a “dry spell”, and have really had to trust the Lord just to bring me through and help me write it…and He has!
I was praying over what to write for this series, because I couldn’t seem to get my mind to focus on writing. As I prayed, I heard a whisper to my spirit…”Just start making a list of what you are trusting Me for–and then you can build around that.” So…I did. I figured I would at least have an outline from which I could work. However, as I started my list, I decided that the list would be my actual format. So, here it is…my “Trusting God” list, complete with scripture promises for which I am believing. I suspect some of these things might be on your list as well.
May the promises from His Word bring you peace and hope for the things which you are also trusting God. 🙂
TRUSTING GOD LIST
1. The decision not to over-rated or put unhealthy foods into my body 1 Corinthians 10:13…” The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure.”
2. The ability to let go of offenses, real or perceived Proverbs 19:11…”A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense. “
3. The salvation of unsaved family members and friends Titus 2:11…”For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.” Luke 3:6…”And all people will see God’s salvation.” Isaiah 51:6…”Lift up your eyes to the Heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies, but my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail. “
4. His perfect provision…no matter what my needs are Philippians 4:19…” And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.”
5. My next breath Philippians 1:6…”being confident of this that He who began a good work in you will carry it through to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
6. Revelation of His next step for me Jeremiah 29:11…”For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
7. To keep my family and friends safe, no matter what we are doing Psalm 5:11…”but let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread Your protection over them, that all who love Your Name may be filled with joy. “
8. That He will help me extend to others the same forgiveness that He has given me Matthew 6:14,15…”For if you forgive others when they sin against you, Your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, Your Father will not forgive your sins.”
9. That He will help me and show me how to love others as He does 1 John 4:11,12…”Dear friends, since God so loved us, we ought also love one another. No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.”
10. That He will never leave me nor forsake me…no matter how much I move Deuteronomy 31:6…”Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”
These are just a few of the things for which I am trusting God. I pray that this helps you focus in on your trust in Him as well and to know that He is the GREAT I AM!
Chrissy Luther is a 46-year-old wife and mother of a 15-year-old…but most importantly, she is a daughter of the One True King. Most of her career has been in broadcasting, but writing has been a dream since her teenage years. You can check out her blog posts at www.chrissyluther.wordpress.com . Follow also on Twitter and Periscope at @chrissylu2. Chrissy and her family make their home just outside of Nashville, TN.