Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. View scripture reference copyright FAQ"
As we get closer to the Easter season, use this list of Bible Verses For Resurrection for your personal Bible reading time, and don’t forget to grab the printable below.
Bible Verses For Resurrection
What is Easter and why do we celebrate it?
Easter was always a special celebration at my home as a child. Every family and church seems to have its own version of this Christian holiday. My family honored Christ dying on the cross for our sins. We knew the Bible story well. Grab the bible verses for resurrection below. We also were given baskets or bags filled with candy and small gifts like books or matchbox cars.
We’d dress up in dresses, hats, and patent shoes and attend church every Easter Sunday. We were, and still are, regular church attenders. But Easter was special!
Tulips also hold a great memory for me during this time of year. My mother had a flower garden filled with different colored tulips and they always seem to bloom during the Easter season. I loved being in that little tulip garden, surrounded by the beautiful colored flowers, soft petals, and fresh smell of flowers.
“Easter is a Christian holiday that celebrates the belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the New Testament of the Bible, the event is said to have occurred three days after Jesus was crucified by the Romans and died in roughly 30 A.D. The holiday concludes the “Passion of Christ,” a series of events and holidays that begins with Lent—a 40-day period of fasting, prayer and sacrifice—and ends with Holy Week, which includes Holy Thursday (the celebration of Jesus’ Last Supper with his 12 Apostles, also known as “Maundy Thursday”), Good Friday (on which Jesus’ crucifixion is observed) and Easter Sunday. Although a holiday of high religious significance in the Christian faith, many traditions associated with Easter date back to pre-Christian, pagan times.” – History.com
Death and Resurrection of Jesus
“The resurrection of Jesus is important for several reasons. First, the resurrection witnesses to the immense power of God Himself. To believe in the resurrection is to believe in God. If God exists, and if He created the universe and has power over it, then He has power to raise the dead. If He does not have such power, He is not worthy of our faith and worship. Only He who created life can resurrect it after death, only He can reverse the hideousness that is death itself, and only He can remove the sting and gain the victory over the grave (1 Corinthians 15:54–55). In resurrecting Jesus from the grave, God reminds us of His absolute sovereignty over life and death.” – Read more- Got Questions
Why Did Jesus Die?
Sin is costly. It separates us from God and leads to hell. It’s only by God’s sacrifice – Christ’s death and resurrection – that we are saved from our sin. I often wonder if we take for granted this great sacrifice and dishonor Christ in our everyday life choices.
“God doesn’t forgive us by turning a blind eye to our sin or by overlooking it. Forgiveness is costly to the one against whom the wrong has been done. And at the cross we see not only God’s love, but also the seriousness with which he takes our sin.
There are many other reasons Jesus died. These include to conquer evil, to inaugurate the new covenant, and to set us an example of sacrificial love. But two vital reasons are to bring us to God and to reveal God’s character.” Gospel Coalition
Easter Bible Verse
Here are a few inspirational Easter Bible verses to get you started…
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” -John 3:16
- “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.” -Peter 3:18
- “The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!” -Matthew 27:52-54
- “Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.” -Romans 8:34
- He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces.” Isaiah 25:8
- For as by a man came death, by a man has come the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive.” 1 Corinthians 15:21-22
- We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him.” Romans 6:9
Bible Verses For Resurrection
This one-page printable has a list of the gospel accounts of Jesus’ last days listed. As we head into the Easter season take time to read through these passages of scripture and prepare your heart and mind for Easter.
Use this printable with the Prepare Our Hearts For Easter Challenge.
Bible Verses For Resurrection Printable –
Now only $0.00
Do you read “Bible Verses For Resurrection” as a family or in your own quiet time with God, to prepare your hearts for Easter? Let me know in the comments below.
More Bible Verses For Resurrection You Will Enjoy
Preparing Our Hearts For The Easter Season – Are you looking for an Easter prayer? Are you needing help on how to prepare your heart for the Cross? Below you’ll find a printable list of Scriptures to read during the Easter season. Read, write and pray over these Bible verses to help prepare your heart for the Easter season.
Praying The Promises Of God – Why should we be praying the promises of God over our lives? Every one of us will face grief, heartbreak, and hard seasons in life. We must look to God and His word for guidance, help, and healing. Praying the Promises of God will help you get through the hard days. Here is how?
Tips On Using A Prayer Journal – Looking for a prayer journal? Are you distracted in your prayer and bible study time? Are you needing a guided prayer journal to help you stay focused? Wanting to journal through those hard times, grieving, and anxiety?