Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. View scripture reference copyright FAQ"
Mother’s Day can be filled with a roller coaster of emotions for women. Here is a Mother’s Day prayer for moms in all stages of their life.
“Mother’s Day can bring a mix of emotions for many women. There are those anticipating the birth of their first child, step-moms wondering what their place is, those who have lost their mother and are faced with grieving on Mother’s Day, there are moms who encounter feelings of hurt because their children have turned from God, and those overwhelmed with pain from the loss of a child.
No matter what you face this Mother’s Day, you can turn to God and experience peace and healing through prayer. We have collected several prayers that can apply to your journey of motherhood. It is our hope that these will encourage your soul and speak life into your calling as a mom.” CrossWalk
How Do I Pray For My Mother
I have a Mother’s Day Prayer printable below, but here are some ideas on how to specifically pray for you mom this Mother’s Day.
- Pray for her mind and thoughts. Pray that her thoughts would be guarded and directed to truth and that she would know the peace that comes from trusting in a gracious God whose plans for her are only good. (Read Romans 12:2)
- Pray for her sight. Pray, as the Psalmist did, that your mom would “see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living” (Read Psalm 27:13). Ask God to open her eyes to the blessings all around her even on the bad days.
- Pray for her heart. Pray that God would “give her the desires of her heart and make all her plans succeed” (Read Psalm 20:4). Pray against any discouragement that can so easily rob our mothers of joy. Where your mom has experienced hurts and wrongs done against her, ask the Lord to heal her heart.
- Pray for her hands. Pray God would show her the work she is meant to accomplish. The unique role He intends her to fill. Pray she would use whatever gifts God has given her.
- Pray for her knees. Pray she would know the sweet fellowship of time spent with God in prayer.
What Does The Bible Say About Mother’s Day
Bible Verses For Mothers
As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem. Isaiah 66:13
Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” Proverbs 31:25-31
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3
What Do You Say To Your Mom On Mother’s Day
Sometimes the best way to express your feelings is to keep the sentiment simple. Use these short Mother’s Day quotes & sayings as inspiration for how to tell your mom how much she means to you. Don’t forget to tell your mom that you are praying for her!
- Mom, I appreciate all you’ve done for me over the years and I pray God blesses you today and every day! Thank you!
- May your Mother’s Day be filled with as much happiness as you brought to my childhood. Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
- Even though we won’t get to celebrate Mother’s Day together, it’s a good feeling knowing we’re still connected in a way that’s bigger than any distance.
- May all the love you gave to us come back to you a hundredfold on this special day! Thank you for everything you’ve done for me!
- Wishing you all the love and happiness you so richly deserve. Happy Mother’s Day! I love you!
- Wishing we were there to remind you in person how much we love you, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day Mom! We will see you soon!
- Mom, you’re the best! Thanks for all you do. I appreciate and love you! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for always being there, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
How Can I Honor My Mother On Mother’s Day
You show up! You can call her wishing her a happy Mother’s Day. You can send her flowers or her favorite treats. Print off the Mother’s Day Prayer below and give it to her! Perhaps take her to lunch to her favorite place to eat. Put the phone down and listen to her stories and share in her excitement.
If you can not be together on Mother’s Day, perhaps mail her a gift card she can use to treat herself to whatever is likes at her favorite store or restaurants.
But most importantly, just let her know how much you appreciate her and all she has done over the years.
How To Celebrate Mother’s Day At Home
*Breakfast In Bed
*Get Her Flowers
*Give Mom The Day Off
*Suprise Her With A Lovely Gift
*Give Her An At Home Spa Day
Are you wondering what to get your mother for Mother’s Day?
What REAL moms want for Mother’s Day!
Husbands, guess what, your kids need your help to honor their mother on this special day. Show them how it’s done! This is the woman who gave birth to your precious babies. Honor her with your kids!
My Facebook friends and I put together this list of what moms really want this year for Mother’s Day!
Here is the list in no particular order…
- A Nap/Sleep. This was the most mentioned. Momma is tired!
- The house cleaned and kept clean for one whole day without mom having to do it.
- Words of Affirmation. Do you know your mom’s love language?
- Date night with the husband only, no kids.
- A family road trip. Woohoo! I love road trips.
- A sincere thank you and a nice dinner that mom doesn’t have to make nor clean up after.
- A wonderful day of family time. Everyone together.
- Relaxing cuddle time with the little ones.
- Flowers. Oh, how I love the smell of fresh flowers. They sure do brighten up my kitchen.
- To be remembered, appreciated and lots of hugs.
- All laundry caught up and put away.
- A day to do absolutely nothing.
- To be pampered. Spa treatment.
- To eat what she wants to eat, stay in her PJ’s all day, read a book and have a guilt-free lazy day.
- Alone time!
There you have it. Directly out of the heart of moms. Remember your mom, not just on Mother’s Day but every day.
I hope you enjoyed this fun list of what real moms said they wanted for Mother’s Day.
What are you getting your mom? Do you have any to add to my list?
Mother’s Day Coupon Book
Want to give your mom the best Mother’s Day gift? While you are printing off the Mother’s Day Prayer, download and print this free printable Mother’s Day coupon book, cut it out, connect it with a ribbon and add this to the gift you have for your mom this Mother’s Day.
Now only $0.00
Prayer For Mother’s Day
I pray that each mom gets the love, encouragement, appreciation, and rest that she so desperately needs and deserves.
Want the printable version of this prayer? Here you go!
NOW $ 0.00
Coffee Cup Mother’s Day Card
Here is cute homemade coffee cup card how-to video! Enjoy!
More Articles, similar to Mother’s Day Prayer, That You Will Love